De-cluttering and a DIY {Post Road Style}

by postroad on February 23, 2011

Hello sun-shiney faces! How are ya? Today I will be sharing instructions for a picture holder-wall-framer-clothespin-thingy-ma-jig. This is a FAST and easy project.. actually let’s say it SHOULD be.. but my life has been crazy busy lately. Lots of skates to tie, cheekers to wipe, dipes to change.. you get my drift. Let’s get down to ‘business’ now shall we?
Start with a vintage frame..
the bigger the better!
Next add paint and a paint brush.
Antique White Ace Royal is what clothed my grunge-ola.
Throw in hammer and nails, or screw gun and screws.
A tape measure and pencil is handy at this point too.
On your mark.. get set.. flex!
Work it ladies (and men).
Make sure your marks are directly across
from each other as this is how you’ll attach
your wire to ther frame.
A pain in the butt! But I used tweazers to take the clothes pins apart.
Spray painted them,
then put them back together.
(you could skip this part if you’d rather leave the pins ‘au natraule.)
Next up, Mod Podge and Vintage Wall Paper!
Wrap the wire tightly around the screw, string the clothespins on,
and attach the wire to the other side.
Tah-Da!
I have totally been in the ‘getting rid of junk’ mode.
I’m SO happy this frame didn’t fall prey ;)
Speaking of organizing… I just sent out
a little e-letter on the matter.
 Thanks to my facebook pals for inspiring and motivating me!
Did you get my letter? What’d you think?
 Tell me the honest to gutsness truth, I promise I can handle it!
If you’re not on my list already you may sign up below.
You can expect a once a week email with exclusive recipes, home decorating tips, diy projects, and the occasional sale.
Oh…and inspiring photos alongside ;)
I hope the rest of your week is whistlen’ dixie!
:) Heather

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
E-scoop Post Road Style

Anonymous February 24, 2011 at 12:25 pm

So cute! Did read your email and it was awsome,thats a great idea.tmj

Lynn Richards February 27, 2011 at 6:08 am

coming by from funky junk…
oh, man. this is sooo cute. I can't wait to go through the rest of your sweet blog!
lynn

Ellen February 28, 2011 at 1:19 am

This stands out over at FJ….good for you!
smiles….

simmone March 1, 2011 at 1:24 am

I really like this idea.Just found your blog-enjoying it very much.

Raw.Potatoes March 2, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I heart your blog. Have I posted that before? hm if not, I've meant to a dozen times :)

-becky

Sue @ House Pretty March 2, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Hi, just found your blog, like 10 min. ago, through a link from abeachcottage. This is such a cute way to hang little tidbits! Would love to have you visit me if you get the chance, me being a nubie, and all.

Heather from Post Road Vintage March 2, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Thanks all :) Awesome to hear from you! If your blogs are as sweet as your comments… Off to check 'em out :)

Heaven's Walk - March 3, 2011 at 1:08 am

Hi Heather! I'm here via Sarah's Beach Cottage, and I love your style, girlie! Your 'photo-frame' is so adorable! I'm definitely going to dig out my empty frames and create some of these cuties! I'm your newest follower!

xoxo laurie

Pearl Maple March 4, 2011 at 9:59 am

Too cute way or organising bits & bobs, am thinking of doing one myself but was not sure which way to go with it.

Cassie {A Serenade for Solitude} March 26, 2011 at 2:27 am

Lovely! I found you through decor 8 and would love to make one of these. We just moved and I am a farmhouse decor lover. Love your inspiration! xx, cbm

Sharon September 25, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I can’t believe I found this! I have been drooling over this project on the magazine cover of Home since it came out. It is just so gorgeous! Great project and beautiful site.

Warmly,
Sharon :-)

Jackie March 19, 2012 at 1:20 pm

So, I know this post is from a few months ago but I’m commenting anyway…So cute! I’ve done something similar to several frames and they sell quickly. It’s wonderful to turn something old and discarded into a new, functional treasure!
xo