Hello friends!! How are you? Today I’ll be sharing a secret with you! OOOh-lala.. How I painted my rustic farm table.
This was definetely my favorite project eve-ah!! If you’re new.. read more about my farm table HERE.
Actually there were a couple secret weapons I used on this beast that I want to share with you.
WIERD WEAPON #1 is = Steel wool + vinegar! Trust me this is the best way to make new lumber look old!
And Annie Sloan paint.. this is the first time I’ve tried the stuff (Thanks Miss Mustard Seed for turning me on to it!) and honestly I don’t know if I’ll go back to Latex! This is JUST the finish I love my projects to have! (I am working on re-designing all the coat racks in the shop with this awesome paint!)
OK enough ranting. Let’s get down to business, shall we?
1. Rest that steel wool in a cup of vinegar for 24 hours.
2. Apply to wood with a rag like you would stain.
3. One coat of Louis Blue.
4. Dry brush coat of Chateau Grey.
5. OH! Almost forgot the top! One (dry brush) coat of old white.
6. Sand her good.
7. Clear coat of wax followed by dark on the edges.
8. Let dry for approx. 24 hours.
9. Buff with a rag.
10. OOOH and AAAAH that she actually turned out and then throw a big dinner party in her honor.
(admittedly only did half of the last step so far)
OK! I’ve kept you long enough! Your paintbrush is probably drying up by now.. and I know you’re dieing to try this! hehe.
Have an awesome weekend please! Leave me your questions down below!