…Look what I'm having for lunch!

by postroad on July 7, 2011

Peony Lunchbox

I have a confession to make.. sigh.. I am in love. Yep, L.O.V.E.

I feel like a silly school girl, love struck and droolen’.

Sarah Berndhart Peony in Bloom

So sorry dear husband! I bet you never thought I could fall for a pink frilly thing..

Pink Peonies

OK.. I am kidding. But not by much! At least he should *a-HEM* know what to gift me should he ever be in the mood ;)

Shabby Kitchen Table Setting

I’ve been waiting literally years (three!) for my Sarah Berndhart Peony to bloom. (Does that justify my obsession??)

Cottage Lunchbox Centerpiece

So I just couldn’t resist snipping a few stems and ‘setting table’.

Mason Jar Frog Lids

Vintage Lunchbox + Sweet napkins (thanks Ruthann!) + 2 ‘lil jars + frog lids + me humming, singing, trying to refrain from doing the jiggety-jog…

Flower Frog Lid for Mason Jars

This is why I LOVE these frog lids! You can use just a few stems of flowers.. add some greenery.. and WAH-LAH!

Garden Party Cottage Flowers

Thanks for bearing with my over-enthusiasm! You are so darn awesome!!

:) Heather

Hydrangeas

linking up to A Beach Cottage

Bethany July 7, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Absolutely beautiful; peonies are some of my favorites!

Jen @ Bungalov July 7, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Lovely. Peonies are may fav too. I just bougth 3 plants this year but am sad to read that it still may be a few years. But hopefully when they do grow they look just as nice :)

Heather July 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Have heart! They are worth the wait :)

abeachcottage July 9, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Congrats on your blooms, your flowers are lovely. Thanks for dropping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and sharing.

Cathy July 12, 2011 at 4:53 am

Oh, those peonies are just *gorgeous*!
If you have any tips (other than patience, always difficult :) please share. Some folks have tried to scare me off by mentioning ants, ants, ants, but it will not deter me. This fall!

Heather July 12, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Hi Cathy! Yep, the Ants love ‘em! But they do no harm! Unless they start making your way inside your house.. but my solution would be plant MORE :)
Other than that I’m not too much of an expert. I know you’re not supposed to plant them too deep and they do enjoy a good meal of bonemeal in the Spring (I just added a tiny bit of compost from my mulch pile)

Good luck! Have fun :) I plan to plant more this fall too!!

Sherry October 28, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Do you still take orders?