A Lil' Pre-Valentine's Romance

by postroad on January 9, 2012

Happy Monday to you!! I hope your weekend was lovely as a bee’s bug in a rug. Thanks for knocking my socks off with all of your kind comments on the Good Stella post.

romantic farmhouse decor

Holy cow. You totally pulled me out of my tired and admittedly lil’ bit spunky week. (The hubby can attest to that.. y’know he is a real Saint for putting up with me at times.) OK. I am so relieved to be feeling back to my regular ole energetic, vintage loven, Post Road partying self! Today I’m sharing some PreValentines fun.. let’s just say I owe it to him after last week. ;)

Farmhouse Roses

He bought me roses. (Never mind that I threw in the request.) I went nuts for a couple shoots and articles I had to finish for some magazines. (Can’t wait to share them with ya!)

Romantic Farmhouse Decor

Lucky, lucky that I had a bunch of roses left over (I seriously recommend you requesting this too.. some say that ruins the effect.. naw, not me. I’ll score flowers any way they come. haha) All the Christmas decor is down. Everything except this Eucalyptus garland. It was sorta Christmas-y but I loved it too much to part ways.

eucalyptus garland

So how bout swapping out the wreath for some strung up jars? I was inspired by the hanging mason jars in my shop but couldn’t quite decide what should go in them. Candles? Flowers? Love letters? Finally I settled on plain Jane. Something to make the passerby-ers say, “hmmmm…” Which is by the way my favorite response of all when I’m decorating. I LURVE doing things that feel a lil borderline, ugly ‘n questionable, because usually that’s where my best ideas will pop up from.

Romantic Farmhouse DecorThese fresh roses stayed in these sweet music tags perfectly! I tried sticking them in the envelope part of the tag but it made them swing and sway every which way until I was dizzy with the intoxicating smell. But when I trimmed that stem short and stuck it straight into the punched hole it stayed. Wah-Lah! I have no idea how but I think it may have to do with Newton’s Law of Gravity! (no, science was never my strong point)

Roses and Eucalyptus Garland

I know these will dry and be even purtier than before… in the meantime maybe you have a really good idea what I should fill those jars with? So pretty catching the sunlight.

On a totally unrelated note my lil Lavender Wreath made it into the latest issue of Somerset Life! This magazine is full of many of my favorite Artist’s… get your copy here.

I hope you have a *romantic week ;)

Jill Flory January 9, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I had a rather ‘blah’ week last week too. Time to get busy again! Not sure I really want to but… I’ve got piles of sewing that are calling my name:) Hope your week is great – I love the roses on the tags and I would have left that garland too:)

Heather January 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Good luck with your sewing Jill!! What all are you making??
xHeather

Anna January 9, 2012 at 2:40 pm

This is absolutely gorgeous…I love the look, it’s so unique and romantic. This just might be the most perfect Valentine’s Day decoration ever! Thanks so much for sharing! XOXO

Debby Messner January 9, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I love the little banner……..the roses are so beautiful with the tags and the green.
Your picture is so funny.
Congratulations.

chris bouchard January 9, 2012 at 3:52 pm

LOVE the roses and the sheet music… I think this has inspired me for MY Valentine’s decorating and perhaps for my daughter’s upcoming wedding!

Chris

Joanna @ to a Pretty Life January 9, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Congratulations on the magazine feature! I love lavender and I so hope my one little plant survives the winter. Your pre-valentine decor is sweet with those little pink roses.

Nana Diana January 9, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I am going to go right out and buy myself some roses to brighten up the “Christmas is packed away” look. Great post and I am glad that you are feeling like yourself again! xo Diana

Shelley January 10, 2012 at 4:33 am

That’s so fun about your article in the mag. I love the lavender wreath tut. Thanks for sharing.
And glad this new week is going better for you.

Mary Alice Patterson January 10, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Love the hanging jars. What a great idea!
Mary Alice

Scarlett Clay January 12, 2012 at 5:46 am

Oh my, these photos are so lovely, I love the rosebud on the tags, so so pretty.
I am now in the mood for Valentine’s big time! :) Found you in Somerset mag.

~Scarlett

June Modena January 14, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Love all your ideas. Needed some fresh ideas for now. My house looks bare after Christmas. I decorate all my rooms, takes forever to put away. Its now done. Thanks for sweet ideas.

Laurie Zwack January 26, 2014 at 12:47 pm