Holy Cow! Look-ee What's on the Cover of Country Living!!

by postroad on January 23, 2012

Happy Monday to you! I have some ultra exciting super duper Post Road News for you! My Mason Jar Soap Dispensers are on the cover of Country Living February 2012 issue!

mason jar soap dispenser country living cover

I just about JUMPED out of my skin when I realized they were mine! Sorry I am such a nerd but it is a dream for me and my lil Post Road shop.

This is the lovely home of Bill Albright and Michelle Pattee. Country Living is hands down one of my TOP FAVORITE magazines and their home is so perfectly country rustic, dontchya think??

mason jar soap dispenser country living cover

I scoured and searched the pages for a “Post Road” mention. But alas, it was for none. Now THAT would have been just too good to be true, right? ;) Thanks to Paypal search and recognizing these babies ANYWHERE I was able to confirm they came straight from yee ole Country shop, Post Road Vintage.

country living cover mason jar soap dispensers

I have NO idea why I cut them off the cover. Really it was #oneofthosedumbmoments. Oh boy… I really need to go wear off some of this enthusiasm. Go scrub a couple toilets or something like that. ;)

xo.Heather

p.s. you can read more about my “Soap Dispenser Story” HERE
p.p.s. go to CountryLiving.com to see more of their bea-uuutiful home!

and of course you may go here to snag a soap dispenser all of your own!

Angie @ Knick of Time Interiors January 23, 2012 at 9:02 am

Congratulations, Heather! It really is a bummer that they didn’t include information about your business so others who fall in love with your jars would know where to get their hands on them!

I sold something to the Nate Berkus show a few months ago, that was used in one of their room makeovers and thought it sure would be great if there was a mention of it – that sure would have drummed up a lot of business!

I also sold something to Country Living, but I never did hear what it was used for.

I love selling to stores, magazines and shows – it’s exciting to think of how your products will be used!

Congratulations again – clearly they found your jars PERFECT for their cover!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

Angie @ Knick of Time Interiors January 23, 2012 at 9:04 am

By the way, you should frame that magazine cover! Those are your babies – whether it’s mentioned or not! :0)

simmone January 23, 2012 at 9:10 am

What a lovely surprise Heather, now you’ll just have to get another mag to frame,they look perfect in that home by the way.

Jessie @ A Cozy Cottage in the City January 23, 2012 at 11:34 am

Hi Heather!

Congrats!!! Wish they would have mentioned you though!!! But we all know where it came from – hopefully CL can recognize that too! :) Have a marvelous week, you talented gal!!!

XOXO’s,
Jessie

di@cottage-wishes January 23, 2012 at 12:15 pm

That is so cool, congrats to you!! Di

Jill Flory January 23, 2012 at 1:23 pm

How totally incredibly exciting for you! That is just so cool. Glad you recognized them and clued us in.
I am going to have to put one of those dispensers on my birthday list! I admire them every time I see them:)

Janet (Shabbyfufu) January 23, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Congrats Heather!

As Angie’s comment indicated…it’s commonplace for no credit in a room setting. I’ve seen products from my shop numerous times in customer’s home shoots in a variety of magazines with no mention. Feels good to see that the products are looking good and being enjoyed! xo

Lori January 23, 2012 at 2:08 pm

WOOHOO!!! You go girl!!!

Joanna @ to a Pretty Life January 23, 2012 at 2:48 pm

You should write a “thanks for putting my work on your cover” letter…Maybe that would get into the magazine ;-)

Nana Diana January 23, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Heather, Congratulations! How wonderful. I didn’t get a copy of the magazine yet…you aren’t mentioned in the back under sources, are you? It’s too bad that credit isn’t always given where it is due….but you know and now WE know! I hope you can calm down enough to fix dinner!;>) Blessings-Diana

Barb Nichols January 23, 2012 at 3:47 pm

How exciting!!!

Marilyn Meaux January 23, 2012 at 3:52 pm

That’s awesome!!! Being published is quite a boost, especially on a Natl. magazine, duh!!!! and the cover!!!Whoa!!! and yes, scrubbing toilets does have a way of putting all that enthusiasm to good use, so does cleaning tile grout with a toothbrush, and dusting, ugggghhh. i hate dusting. Congrats!

Kelly January 23, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Heather, I’m sure one day soon you will be in Country Living! It’s great your mason jar soap dispensers were on the front cover! I get that magazine and now it has been made even sweeter for me! I hope you are doing well.
Peace and blessings my friend!

Rebecca January 23, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Congratulations Heather! That is fantastic :)

Cheryl January 23, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Congrats Heather~~ You deserve it.. your soap dispensers are the best…LOVE mine:)

have a great day and dont go and scrub a toilet. That is NO fun:))

~Cheryl
Fresh Vanilla For C

cindy January 23, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Hey! Congratulations! How excitng! It couldn’t have happened to a nicer person..
I ordered one a few months ago and I LOVE it! I get so many compliments on it and I direct them straight to your site!

Sue January 23, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Congratulations, how wonderful. You must have just jumped out of your seat when you saw that cover.

Have a lovely day,
Sue

Holly January 23, 2012 at 9:31 pm

How cool is that! Too bad they didn’t mention you.

Amy @ A New Old House January 23, 2012 at 9:48 pm

That’s wonderful, Heather! Congratulations!

cyndi January 24, 2012 at 2:46 am

How exciting! You go, girl!

Teresa Johnson January 24, 2012 at 3:03 am

Thats awsome news!!!Hey if your really reved come scrub my toilets!!!!!!!!!!!!tmj

Shelley January 24, 2012 at 6:01 am

Woohoo! Maybe someday your soap dispenser’s name/creator will be put with “their face.”
Still exciting.

Leah C January 24, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Whoopee…that’s so exciting!! Congratulations! What a thrill it must have been for you when you saw the cover:) And I’m “with you”…CountryLiving is my favorite magazine, too!

Heather January 24, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Thanks so much everyone!!! YOU are what makes all this worthwhile!
(hugs) from Post Road!!

Laura g January 24, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I would contact them to have them do a “oops, we made a mistake” type hing in their next issue and. Redit you for the dispenser. Maybe they didnt know because it actually belonged to the homeowners but i bet lots of readers would love to have the info. Alsoooo, don’t they have to credit items they show in their magazine(especially if they know the source). And now they’ll have it because you gave it to them! :-)

Laura g January 24, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I meant to say “credit you. . .” Sorry! Using my phone to write :-/

Syvil January 24, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I have this mag & as soon as I saw the cover I immediately thought of you :) How awesome that they made the cover!

annaliise johnson January 25, 2012 at 12:55 am

holey dog!!! thats sweet:)

SueBee January 25, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I bet Country Living is regretting not saying where they came from because I’m sure people want to know!!
I love mine and I better order more before you get all the orders because of the cover storie!! Congratulations Heather!! I bet your about to pop with excitement…
I haven’t received CL yet but I will spread the word!
Happy day to you~xoxo~SueBee

Syvil January 26, 2012 at 3:26 am

I was browsing the Country Living Website from the link & saw this: http://www.countryliving.com/crafts/projects/easy-upcycling-craft-projects

Maybe that’s why they didn’t give credit?

christina-floresdelsol January 26, 2012 at 6:29 pm

congratulations!!! that is so exciting!!!!

Cindy January 29, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Congrats, Heather! That is SO exciting. I’ll be on the lookout for this issue!

Michelle Pattee May 7, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Hi Heather,
Thanks so much for sharing the CL spread. Big apologies that they did not mention your company in credits. I provided them tons of info re: products. There was so much fact checking with the piece, and I believe some info slipped through the cracks.
I LOVE your beautiful jars.
Yours,
Michelle

pronvideos adult searchengines adult searchengines April 30, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Thanks for another great post. Where else could
anybody get that type of info in such an ideal means of writing?
I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the look for such info.