Post Road Garden Tour

by postroad on May 29, 2012

Good day to you! I hope you had a merry Holiday weekend! Today I’m taking you on a ‘lil garden tour… won’t you come along?

Hopefully next time we tour zee Post Road Victory Garden it’ll be a LOT greener then this. But I thought it’d be fun to share it with you now… in all of it’s un-maintained beauty ;)

There are but a few things in bloom and ready for the pickens here on Post Road.

My lilacs that I shared with you last week.

My seed geraniums have bloomed! (I shared my best seed starting tips in the Spring 2012 issue of Homebound)

Speaking of seeds… here’s what I use to start most of mine. I am in LOVE with my cold frames!! Seriously one of the best things the hubby has ever built moi!

We’ve been eating rhubarb and asparagus like it’s going out of style… good thing one of the two is healthful. Well, I’m sure rhubarb could be too but it sure isn’t in any of the forms I chose to devour. ;)

Oh, and here is my rock path sidewalk. Dirty bugger almost put me into pre-term labor. It is a long trek up and down a steep bank to get them so I think this lil project will be on hold for a few more months.

Something ugly (love me some organic fertilizer!)

Something purty… these aren’t even from my garden.. just the side of the road. Love that I get to smell them on my morning walks and now some of them join me on the table in my new found vase.

The ants are having a party on my peonies! Thinking they may be in full bloom by the time we get back from The Farm Chicks Show.

Dreaming of a rock or brick path through my garden.. um, maybe after baby.. unless of course my dear hubby reads this and is spurred to install one for my Birthday Present?? ;)

So what do you think of my “Victory Garden”? My mouth starts watering just thinking of tomatoes ‘n basil, raspberries, blackberries, carrots, beets, radishes, peas, cucumbers, swiss chard, kale, spinach, lettuce, squash, pumpkins… um, did I miss something?

I guess it’s a lil late now cause this baby is PLANTED!

Now for the fun part…. let’s see what grows!!

Thanks so much for touring along with me… would love to hear your gardening dreams, plans, schemes, etc… in the comments. oooh baby, yes I am a BIG dreamer. Some of the other outdoor projects I’m dreaming of are a bench, arbor, outdoor shower, garden trellis, lavender to line my baby inducing rock path…. yadayada the list really does go on and on.

So really, truly it is YOUR turn! And feel free to send your questions. I do not claim to be an expert but I am a book nerd so have learned a tad or two along the way. ;)

Georgia May 29, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Heather, you are just so darned cute!!!

Barbara May 29, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Love your garden! Mine is a little further south, so my peonies have popped and as long as we don’t get a beating rain I should have them for a little while longer :) I love your cold frames, I know they are pretty easy to make, we just have never gotten around to it!

Heather Kowalski May 29, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Hello Heather… love your garden photos!! It is truly the best time of year,…. happy summer to you! xo Heather

Emily @ The Wicker House May 30, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Heather. I truly love watching your videos. You are a adorable and a true Farmgirl! Can’t wait to see your garden again when it is all in bloom. Happy Gardening!
Emily

Heather May 31, 2012 at 3:59 am

Thanks everyone :) Hope you’re having a great week!!
xoheather

karlin May 31, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Heather, I’m a bit late posting, but I absolutely love the video of your garden tour. What a nicely laid out garden you have with those raised beds. I made myself some raised beds this year, but mine are rough compared to yours. Those coldframes are super duper. Lucky you. Good health to you lil mama and keep on doing what you do.

jen June 2, 2012 at 1:40 am

The geranium seeds you shared with me have bloomed this week as well. That seems kind of strange to me considering the hotter weather here in TX. They are beautiful and I am grateful for your generosity.

Sheila R June 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm

I have enjoyed your sweet email goodies in my inbox for a while so I don’t know why I haven’t commented. But after seeing your victory garden and hearing you, I just had to. I just love seeing how you start your seed in your boxes that you husband made. Thank you for your inpsiration and sharing your beautiful world with us.

Laurie June 3, 2012 at 3:25 am

I loved the tour of your Victory Garden, Heather, and I can just see that rock or brick path coming to be ~ yes ~ it will! My mouth is watering for those berries and veggies! Since we moved into a new house, we have neither flower or veggie gardens yet, but we do have a gorgeous window box my husband built, filled with the soft colors of blue and white to go with our cream house, and pansies and herbs on the porch. We’ll get there, but until then, I will just enjoy gardens such as yours.

kristina June 3, 2012 at 7:19 am

Heather,
It was nice to meet you at the Farm Chicks Show! I’m loving my blue soap dispenser on my counter.
Your garden looks so cute!! I LOVE the cold frame and your gate. I need to get busy bolting some poles onto my boxes for support. :) Hope tomorrow goes good for you at the show, and show us any treasures you bring home

Lorraine June 4, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Heather – thanks so much for the home and garden tour!!!! I absolutely love your style!!!! I laughed out loud in one of the home segments when you said that you could be burning food or letting the laundry pile up in order to decorate and work on your house, I feel the same way!! I love creating a warm and cozy place for my family and friends to enjoy!! We have raised garden beds too – that is my husbands hobby – I just love taking pictures and eating all of the yummy gifts that the garden gives <3