Make Me Smile Monday……

by postroad on June 18, 2012

Good Morning!! How was your weekend? It was right up there with one of the best ever for me… really what could be better then a birthday, Father’s Day, new pigs, and getting to visit tons of friends and relatives all in one weekend?!

So spoiled… Here’s what woke me up on my birthday morn. YUMM!!!

For my birthday my man made my church bakery for me so I could play outside and work on my rock sidewalks!!!!

{best.present.ever}

And we celebrated Father’s day with church services and a walk in the Keweenaw…. yummy waterfall ten minutes from home!

cute new Post Road Residents….

My lil boys saved up their $$ for me to go shopping at the Nursery…. Really can’t wait as I’ve been addicted to my gardens lately. Problem is, so are the bugs! Everything is looking quite chewed already but oh well!! I am loving all the imperfection anyways!

Now I’m hoping for a week that is HALF as good and fun as the weekend was!!

p.s. I am thinking of sharing one fun and random post each week about the ‘behind the scenes’ on Post Road… (such as this post here). What do you think….. good, bad or ugly?? ;) Would love to hear your feedback! This summer I am vowing to be less ‘business-y’ and spend more time enjoying these beautiful Copper Country days… I’m interested to hear if this is something ya’ll would like to hear more about or not!!!

Thanks in advance for your time!

Kimberly June 18, 2012 at 11:14 am

I say ‘GO FOR IT!’…You need to enjoy this time in your life. Spend time hiding the little things in your heart & memories. What a special time in your life, so savor every precious moment!
Also, LOVE THE PIGS!!!! Let me know where you purchased them. I need them here at the farm! PEACE!

Heather June 18, 2012 at 2:57 pm

We got them from a guy in Chassel.. I don’t think he has any left though. Email me if you’d like his phone #.. he may know where to find more!! heather(at)postroadvintage.com

Amber June 18, 2012 at 3:05 pm

What a great weekend, Heather! I say enjoy the Summer! Throwing in some random “behind the scenes” photos would be fun. Sometimes those are the best! Have fun with those little piggies. Did you choose names yet?

Kathryn June 18, 2012 at 3:17 pm

That sounds like a fun idea!
I had the best weekend, too. I am enjoying the afterglow of it all. Looking forward to a great week.

Sandi Allen June 18, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Sounds Like a wonderful idea, Heather!
Beautiful Photos! Did you choose names for the pigs yet?
Hope you have a wonderful week!

Heather June 21, 2012 at 6:35 pm

yup, they are gray, red, and brown. Slightly boring.. tried to convince the boys otherwise but in the end they won :)

Brenda Kula June 18, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Yes, I’d love to hear about your critters every week, or what goes on on a farm. Those piglets are precious!
Brenda

April June 18, 2012 at 9:55 pm

It’s so funny. Every time I find a new “blogger” I really love, it turns out we always share the same birthday month. Happy Birthday to you! Mine is this Saturday:)
XOXO
April

Mary Alice Patterson June 18, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Happy Birthday!! Looks and sounds like it was such a lovely one with your sweet family. That breakfast plate alone would be enough to make my day! I love these posts about real and every day life.
Mary Alice

Sheila R June 20, 2012 at 2:57 am

Sounds great to me! I love “hearing” all about your part of the world!

Heather June 20, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Glad to hear :) Thanks everyone for the feedback!!

Carolyn June 21, 2012 at 3:47 am

I think its a great idea Heather! I enjoyed this post so much and yournew piglets are adorable.
Carolyn

Kate July 1, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I know I am late, but Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a wonderful day. Love that waterfall. Such a beautiful spot, thanks for sharing it with us!
Kate