Shabby Curtains For Baby

by postroad on June 15, 2012

Hi! How was your week? Things are hanging swell here on Post Road…. or at least the curtains in my nursery are!

Yup, as promised I managed to get something done on this lil project to share with you! These were oh-so-fun to make. Shabby and romantic and handmade…. really my vision of what I want this lil room to look like. Yet it must stay simple too cause the lil bun in the oven may be a boy (we are all about surprises).

I sewed the simple one panel shades from insulating and light blocking fabric. The curtains are made from an old tattered lace coverlet, chenille blanket, and vintage sheet.

Something about sewing by hand makes time stand still…. I need to do this more often!! Life is going by too fast lately. It feels so good to swing on my hammock under the apple tree and just let my mind wander and dream….

This lil table isn’t staying here but I needed something for now to catch my purty roses. Something about these roses remind me SO much of my darling baby daughter….. I MISS HER!!! It is so bittersweet to be decorating the nursery while I’m thinking of her and yet praying for a safe delivery of another lil one….

I’m hoping to finish the trim and closet for next week. Yes, we have only lived here for five years. (But who’s counting?!) Hopefully between chasing kids, pigs, chickens, and finishing up the new summer line we shall whack that up…. ah, what was that about time standing still??

xo. Heather

p.s. I currently have sponsorship available on this lil ole blog. If you are looking for a place to share your blog or business with other like minded women please give me a shout for more details- heather(at)postroadvintage.com (this also includes monthly posts featuring your awesomeness)

I also have a limited number of ad spaces available in the Fall Issue of my Homebound e-zine… if you’re interested contact me before they are sold out!

Mary Alice Patterson June 15, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Your nursery looks like it’s coming along nicely. Love what you’ve used for the curtains. And the table with the roses is so sweet. Trusting a safe delivery for this little one!
Mary Alice

Jenn A June 15, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I love your beautiful curtains – especially the crocheted lace part. So very pretty and what a wonderful way to repurpose that lace! Gorgeous!

Sandi Allen June 15, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Your Nursery is looking so Beautiful Heather. Love the curtains and the painting technique and color on the walls! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living June 16, 2012 at 1:16 pm

What a beautiful nursery. I love how you re-used textiles to make those charming curtains. So lovely. I had that picture of the little girl in the rocking chair in my daughter Stephanie’s room when she was just a babe. Seeing it on your wall made me smile.

Kris June 16, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Love Love Love the curtains. So beautiful.

Audrey Zumwalt June 16, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Enjoyed this post … so soft and sweet. I use old crocheted bedspreads and table cloths for curtains too. So lovely.
Love the skirted rocker. I need to refresh Grandma Susie’s old rocker on the porch and this gives me a good idea as what to do.
Blessings to you.
Audrey Z.

Donna Allgaier-Lamberti June 16, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Crisp and beautiful curtains! I also love the soft yellow stipped wall decor and the light filled room. Very sweet!
Praying for a safe delivery and very healthy child and a lovely childhood.

Small House / Big Sky Donna

AmyeToTheRescue! June 16, 2012 at 3:12 pm

So lovely! Thanks for the good wishes and have a wonderful weekend!
Amye

Becky June 16, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Your curtains are absolutely enchanting, Heather. Just love them, and all of your lovely photos of the nursery. What a joy for you, I’m sure. Praying, sweetie, for that ache in your heart to be soothed by the Great Comforter.
May your day be kissed with gentle blessings.
Love and Hugs,
Becky

Dawn June 16, 2012 at 6:18 pm

It’s all so perfect!!! Love it all!
Happy weekend to you.

Sunshine and roses here. Our 40th anniversary. Yay!

Arleen June 16, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Love it all! You are soooo talented. I’ll be following closely.

Tammy Racine June 16, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I too Heather like sewing by hand. It does seem to make time stand still. I have yet to make beautiful curtains like you have done here. But I have made curtains for my kitchen, and I’m currently working on two quilts, french linen towels. And even thinking of recovering an ottoman that I have with burlap, then stamping the fabric with some kind of Parisian Stamp. Thanks, Heather for all you inspiration.

Cheri June 16, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Simply beautiful. I understand something of that ache. Praying for you – you are making such a beautiful home for your precious family.

You make me homesick for our beloved northwoods. Hoping we can sell our house soon and get back up north. We were only 20 miles from the UP, hey der. :)

Lee June 17, 2012 at 2:44 am

Gorgeous photos, I love the curtains and also I adore that wide striped wallpaper, lemon is such a fresh colour. The crocheted throw you have on the chair reminds me of a bedspread my mother crocheted for me many years ago. It’s somewhere in storage at her house, I will have to look for it.

Lovely post.

Lee ☺

Patty June 17, 2012 at 3:09 am

What a sweet nursery evolving. And what a precious post. May the Lord bless and keep you as you away the arrival of your new baby.
Patty

Gill June 17, 2012 at 8:29 am

You have done a wonderful job on the nursery, it looks so simply beautiful. I love the handmade curtains, they are gorgeous, and i love the simple chair cover on the painted rocker. I echo what Patty says.
Gill xx

di@cottage-wishes June 17, 2012 at 11:13 am

Sweet post, safe delivery and we welcome your sweet little one, I feel your thoughts about your little baby girl and yes those roses are tears from heaven. Much joy to you, the nursery is a ray of sunshine, thank you for sharing. Di

Holly June 17, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Your baby room looks absolutely stunning! I love the colors and the new curtains you made!! Congratulations to you!! :) :) xo Holly