Dear #6 you'll be sleeping in STYLE…

by postroad on June 5, 2012

Howdy and how are ya? I am delaying this weeks video as I am just getting back from the Farm Chicks Show! Are you following me on Facebook? You can keep up with me and check out some pictures from this awesome event over there.

In the meantime.. I want to share with you the vision and inspiration behind my ‘in progress’ lil nursery.

So yes, I actually have had good intentions for the last five kids to purty up this room… so what is so magical about #6 you ask? I’m not so sure but may as well start somewhere, right? ;)

Even though my tastes have evolved since we built our home I’m excited that I’m still diggen’ the stripes in the nursery. I DO love the colors… soft yellow and cream. But she could use some grounding and layering and um yeah…. bedding and curtains FOR SURE.

My plan is to share progress and projects from this room WEEKLY until she is done. YIKES, that is a lot of pressure and I hope you don’t tire of this teeny tiny room but once I’ve got baby on the brain and this baby is expected to (God willing) arrive at the end of August.

I’ve got lots of projects brewing on the burner for this room. So stay tuned!! Would love to hear your ideas too on how to gussy her up a ‘lil.

Dell McCann June 5, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I, for one, never tire of any baby news, and I love your posts, so carry on! I don’t think I’ve ever read this information, but is she the first girl?

Heather June 5, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Hi Dell,
It’s going to be a surprise :) We have 3 boys and 2 girls so far….

Mary Alice Patterson June 5, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I’m sure your nursery will be adorable when completed. Looking forward to watching the progress.
Mary Alice

Cynthia Martinez June 5, 2012 at 8:58 pm

You make your pages looks so lovely. I hope to get to learn all you already know about posting a wonderful site

Julie @ follow your heart woodworking June 6, 2012 at 12:15 am

I love surprises! You are blessed. I’m sure the new one won’t care about the room colour or stripes, just knowing she is loved is enough… but do it for yourself, you deserve it!

karlin June 13, 2012 at 2:23 am

Heather, I envisioning plantation shutters for the window. I don’t care for curtains because to me they are dust traps and could become a safety issue when baby gets old enough to tug on them or pull them down.

I like lots of sheves for baby rooms. You need a place to put their books, toys, and stuffed animals anyway and shelving is just so darn practical. Ialso love a small bed for mommy to relax on for those late night feedings. I’ve seen them made from wooden pallets that would knock your design socks off. Low or no cost. How good is that?

What about a comfy rug for the floor or to put under that rocker? That’s all the design ideas I have. Hope it helps somewhat.

Jessica Durrant July 17, 2012 at 6:23 am

So I have been putting together a nursery board on Pinterest entitled Baby Bee Nursery you should check it out at http://pinterest.com/dreamingofdrew/baby-bee-nursery/ I hope this will lead you there but anyway I love the stripes on your baby wall. My pinterest board is inspired by creams, yellows, honey bees, and the vintage Winnie the Pooh. Hope you check it out and like it!!