A New Season

by postroad on November 3, 2012

Good Morning! How are you? I hope you are one that is safe from the horrible storm to hit the East!!! My heart goes out to all affected! I really can not imagine how that must feel…… to work so hard all your life to create a safe + happy + warm home and have it ripped out from under like that! It really puts life in perspective!!

This week certainly was a week of reflection for me. It’s hard to believe….. three years since we both met, and had to say goodbye to our daughter! It is intense to think of missing out on raising that vibrant ‘lil girl. Yet, I do feel at peace and thankful for being able to remember her with more happiness and less pain. I share this personal stuff with you because I really would like you to know… that whatever your struggle, big or small, you are not alone!!! And I don’t say that to get more sympathy… because I really do feel like the luckiest gal alive!

ok, all that deep stuff…… phew!! How about on to something pretty and inspiring?? Over the next week I’m going to be sharing sneak peaks of the winter Homebound magazine! There are some awesome contributors! I am so proud of their work and honored that they have trusted me!

work by Creating Vintage Charm

beautiful vintage by Pretty Petals

and Post Road Vintage assistants helping me shoot at Retreat Design

I’ve already shared the cover…… here are a few more eye candy teaser pictures!! Don’t you just love this time of year?? I am off this morning with my mom and sisters to peruse some local art fairs! (yup, was planning on participating but decided to say no this year to free up some time!)

I’m also hoping for some snow in my garden today. It would be perfect for shooting my new soaps!

Lavender Milk Soap!!! Coming soon! Sign up HERE (if you haven’t already) to be the first to know when they’re ready for purchase and special discounts to boot!

Have a great weekend!

Larissa November 3, 2012 at 11:20 am

I love the magazine design – good job! I also wanted to share that one year ago on Nov. 5, we met and said goodbye to our baby girl. I am having alot of grief wondering what she’d be like, and you’ve given me some words to ponder. Thank you.

Gail November 3, 2012 at 11:49 am

Larissa&Heather, i look forward to meeting your dear children n heaven. But so sad what your families are going through.

Kris Pare November 3, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Can not wait for your winter edition!
My heart goes out to you and larissa and others and sending warm thoughts and peace. I lost one in the 3rd month but her twin held strong and I was blessed with 1 beautiful vibrant girl before my body failed for good. I thank Him every day for her.
Take care, Kris

Alice November 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Snow?! I don’t even want to talk about that. I’m so sorry about your little girl, but I’m also happy to see that you remember the happines more than the pain.

Your photos of the magazine are gorgeous!

Hug to you this day, and always.

Lori November 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm

So very very beautiful Heather!!

sweet violets November 3, 2012 at 3:36 pm

So sorry for anyone who has to live with that pain….one day you will all meet again!!!
Love your new soaps and how they are packaged!!! Best wishes…..Cleo

Cyndi November 3, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I’m looking forward to your magazine. Always much eye candy! Your soap looks heavenly. Soap making is on my list of things I want to learn to do (like furniture upholstery! ha!). Anyway, you’ve inspired me to give it a whirl!

joanne nixon November 3, 2012 at 9:33 pm

your blogs and magazines are always so beautiful….thank you so much for posting them….i surely do look forward to every one of your posts and the lavender milk soap will be a favorite, i know….thank you heather !!

Deborah Carlson November 3, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Oh you are a sweetheart!
Love receiving your emails and hearing all your news.
Its always so lovely in your world xo
Hugs!

Deborah xoxo

Betsy(@coastal-colors) November 4, 2012 at 3:25 am

I’m so sorry for your precious loss! Praying God will hold you close in His loving arms and easy your pain!
Your blog is lovely! I look forward to your Winter Homebound Magazine! Your new soap sounds lovely!
Blessings!

corrie November 4, 2012 at 3:27 pm

So sorry about your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. I love reading your blog all the way from South Africa. Heartfelt wishes.

AMAPOLA November 4, 2012 at 3:35 pm

So glad I am a subscriber to your amazing and beautiful magazine!!!
Keep up the excellent work….

Laurie November 6, 2012 at 3:01 am

My heart aches for the loss of your sweet daughter, Heather, and it is good to know that the pain is lessening and you are blessed with the memories of her held tightly in your heart. I love to read about your children as well as the gardens you are growing ~ I believe you were meant to raise both! The winter Homebound magazine is much anticipated, I am sure, and I know I am looking forward to it. Fall and winter are the seasons of coziness and warmth, family and friends, thanksgiving and memories.
Hugs and blessings,